Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Player Profile: Alec Ogletree

I was finally able to sort my entire Giants collection. Sorting through hundreds of players, by player and pulling out hundreds of duplicates to narrow my collection down the way I have always wanted it, without duplicates.

This way I can give myself the best collection numbers. I have never wanted to hold onto my dupes but with my collection sorted the way it was, I had no choice. I will now use those to trade and maybe even do a giveaway with on here with.

In the meantime, I came up with another idea, why not post a series of these players and how many cards I have of each player currently. Hope this series will be well received here.

The first player in the box was Alec Ogletree who didn't spend a long time in blue, but once you are a Giant, you are always a Giant so he still fits the profile to post on.

On March 7, 2018, the Rams traded Alec Ogletree and a 2019 seventh-round pick to the Giants in exchange for a fourth and a sixth-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Seemed like a steal to me for a player the Giants needed for their weak linebacker core. He was young and could ball out.

His first year in Big Blue he did just that. He scored 5 interceptions, which 2 were returned for touchdown along with 93 tackles and 1 sack. The following season, he seemed to have fallen off with only 1 interception and 80 tackles. He was also burned a lot of the times in coverage.

On February 26, 2020, Ogletree was released by the Giants.

As I said, a short time.

My Ogletree collection is a small 3 cards but glad to have some.
 

 

 
My favorite of this group is the Purple Power card that is /49.

Thoughts on my new series on here, Ogletree or the cards welcomed in comments.

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean you're looking for Ogletree cards you don't have? And will you try for that prizm rainbow?

    ReplyDelete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)