Sunday, March 10, 2024

Rodney's Cardboard:1992 Wild Card 1000 Stripe

It's Sunday and last week I missed out on posting a new Rodney Hampton card I know all of you guys were waiting on.

So here we go. Today isn't an autograph card. It's not a 1/1. It is however rare. 

When it comes to chasing rainbows in the hobby, one of the original rainbows to chase was the Wild Card Stripes. There were multiple levels of rarity and parallels. The higher the number, the more rare and harder to find the parallel especially the 1000 Stripes. 

The parallels came as 5,10,20,50,100 and 1000. I can't remember off the top of my head how many of the Rodney's I have from the chase. Each stripe had it's own color as well.

Today's card is the 1000 Stripe which color is Gold which is why the foil is gold.

 
There was no differences with the card backs when it came to these.

I acquired this one thanks to my buddy Wes who chased it down and surprised me at Christmas time.

Thanks again to Wes for snagging this one. I also recently acquired another one of the stripes as well.

Let me know in comments today if you ever chased, pulled or collected these.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on adding that to your collection. Wes is very generous.

    I remember pulling striped parallels from packs of Wild Card, but I never pulled anything higher than a 10. I think I own a 20 stripe of Larry Johnson, but I bought it from a card show or flea market.

    ReplyDelete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)