Friday, April 29, 2022

Got It Right

Last night was the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft.

There was a lot of speculation leading up to the draft on what the Giants would do with so many glaring holes and two top 10 picks.

The last few years underneath Dave Gettleman, the Giants never actually drafted needs and it has led to a roster full of needs. 

Two of the biggest glaring spots on the roster is on the offensive line and pass rush. It has been a spot of needs since the Giants won their last Super Bowl.

Last night, the new regime under Joe Schoen did exactly what they have been needing to do. Fill holes on the team. Who would have thought that was such a thing?
With their first pick, the 5th pick of the draft, they grabbed pass rusher extraordinaire Kayvon Thibodeaux. I was happy to see I had a card of him to post for today.

Big Blue then went on to grab dominating OT Evan Neal with their next pick, two picks later. Rumor had it the Giants were up to trading that pick but either that was a smokescreen, or they never got a big offer for it.

Either way, I am stoked with their draft last night. I look forward to what they do for the rest of the draft.

The only unfun part for a draft like this for my team is the lack of fun offensive players to chase for cards, but maybe they will grab a WR still and that will be my main focus. I do hope to add some more cards of the Top 2 picks for the Gmen and maybe an autograph of each but I don't plan on over chasing them.

So far, I give them an A++ start to this draft and hope it continues. There are so many needs.

In comments today, let me know how your team did in last nights draft.

4 comments:

  1. I think both New York teams nailed it. When you have 2 picks in the top ten and both times a glaring team need is matched with the best available player, your draft will look pretty good.

    I feel pretty good about the Packers' moves. I would have loved to see a receiver, but there just weren't any left by the time they got on the clock. Trading one of those first-rounders for a Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown would have been nice, but obviously they couldn't make that happen. I'm hoping for a combination of two of these guys tonight: Abraham Lucas, Alec Pierce, or Trey McBride.

    Of course, we still have to see how all these guys perform on the field, but I can see why you would be excited about the Giants' first round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The rest of their picks were meh but definitely won the 1st round

      Delete
  2. I honestly have no idea whether or not the Seahawks or Packers did well in the draft. If any of them become starters, I'll be excited. But we won't know that for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seattle surprised me not going after a QB

      Delete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)