Friday, July 22, 2022

Wasn't Expecting This

In a world full of chaos, it's good to know that there are still good people out there.

One of those goes by the name Abide on TCDB (Trading Card Database).

We had just pulled off our first trade on that website and a few days after we both received our trades, he messaged me that he was sending me a surprise in the mail.

And I was definitely surprised.

A bubbler arrived and the contents on the outside did not feel like a card but felt like a book. That's odd, I thought.

Usually I wait until I get home from the mail box to open anything I get so I won't lose it, but, I couldn't hold myself back. I opened it up and this is what fell out,
along with a note that he was hoping this would fit my collection.

OF COURSE IT DOES!! This is 90's and Giants, wooo ha!

This 1996 NY Giants Official Information guide is also signed by former Giants running back Tyrone Wheatley.

A closer look at the signature. I matched it perfectly to another Wheatley autograph I own.

I not only matched the autograph, but I also flipped through the pages of course bringing back those memories of watching football with my father. And reading up on some of my favorite players from that time.
Of course, this guy popped up. Does this count for a new Rodney PC piece as well?

There was more than just player information as well.

Coaching, Scheduling, Records, etc all were in there.
I had forgotten that Dan Reeves (RIP) was the Giants coach that season and was coming off from an embarrassing 5-11 record for 1995,

Only to finish that up with a just as disappointing 1996 season where they finished 6-10 and costing Reeves his job.

Such a cool piece for my Giants collection.

Thanks again Bob! (Abide)!

Thoughts on my latest NY Giants add, Dan Reeves, Tyrone Wheatley or if you had anyone send kindness your way recently is welcomed comments.

6 comments:

  1. Very cool, I'm jealous! Yep, Bob's a great dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's titled official information guide, which makes me wonder if it served as the yearbook, or if that was separate. Either way, a cool rak, especially with the auto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure on that, but definitely a cool nostalgic item. The Auto is a bonus.

      Delete
  3. Reeves coached the Giants? Had no idea... or I completely forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. I think he started there in 1993. Brought them to the playoffs once.

      Delete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)