Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Single Card Mail Day:2009 Topps RPS Signature Andre Brown

My latest mail day from blog reader Oren, included today's card which is a new add to my Andre Brown collection.

The Topps rookie premier signatures were always tough finds in their products. I never once pulled one but have added some to my Giants collection over the years.

I didn't have the Andre Brown one so this was a solid add. Brown was a running back for a few years for the Giants and had bright spots at times. He was drafted in the 4th round of the 2009 NFL Draft and played two stints with the Giants. His first stint wasn't overly impressive as he was injured his rookie year and waived by the Gmen. Before coming back for a second stint, he tried out for four more teams before being signed back to the Giants in 2011 where he played in spots for a couple of seasons. He did however become a Super Bowl champion in that time when the Giants won Super Bowl 46.

 
Here is the back of today's card.

I am not sure how many autographs this makes for my Brown collection, but all of that will hopefully be updated at some point.

Thanks again to Oren for the card!

Thoughts on Brown or the RPS signatures welcomed in comments.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's a real auto. Couldn't find anywhere on the card that they certified it so I started thinking it was a really nice IP auto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he got a ring while on the practice squad, wow. didn't realize they got ring also, but it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think those players still get paid and still are considered on the roster.

      Delete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)