Sunday, March 6, 2022

Rodney's Cardboard:1991 Topps Baseball Error Back

Welcome back to the first Rodney's Cardboard in a long time. Also, welcome to Rodney's Cardboards new home. If you haven't followed or added this blog to your blogroll yet, please do so.

1991 Topps baseball was loaded with error cards. From glow backs to wrong stats, to 1990 football backs. Huh? Yup, some of these cards featured football card backs from the 1990 Topps set.

One of the cards I have been chasing for a few years once I found out it existed was the Juan Samuel base.
 

Why? Well, you must have put it together by now.
 
Yup, Juan Samuel has a Rodney Hampton rookie card back.

I was finally able to land this one for my collection thanks to a trade with @imoMitchCards who found a bunch of these wrong back cards at a thrift store and thought he had this version for me.

Thoughts on today's card welcomed in comments.

6 comments:

  1. Wow...I've certainly seen wrong backs before, but not from a different set, let alone a different sport! That's a very cool item for a Hampton collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definetly is. This is only the second I have seen like this.

      Delete
  2. Love '91 Topps baseball but I didn't know that cardback variation. Congrats on a very cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must of been pretty cool hanging out at the printing places after hours. I would have made some pretty cool custom cards.

    ReplyDelete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)