Monday, October 24, 2022

Absolute Steal In My Mind

The Gmen are 6-1!! 6-1!!!!

Yes, you read that right and I typed it right. The 2022 NY Giants are 6-1 after beating the Jaguars yesterday 23-17.  This team continues to find ways to win and this is their best start since 2008. 

That's many years ago.

The card I am showing off today is a player on that 2008 team and a name that most know because of the big Super Bowl play known as the Helmet Catch.

David Tyree was a 6th round draft pick in 2003, All-Pro and Pro Bowl special teams player, and of course the big play in the Super Bowl. He played for the Giants from 2003-2008.
 
In the last few years, he has signed more autographs than he had in previous years. Despite that, prices for his autographs go for more than you would expect.

 
When I found one for $2, I wasn't turning that down.

This marks only my second autograph of the Super Bowl champ. I have actually been keeping track of my collection of him over at Trading Card Database.  When I get the rest entered, I will update where I stand.

Thoughts on Tyree or my latest addition welcomed in comments.

4 comments:

  1. I'll never forget that play, where I was or who I watched it with. Cool pickup for any Giants fan fir sure. Hope Big Blue keeps on rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally I'd wish you and your team luck... but they play the Seahawks next week. On a positive note... don't imagine you need too much luck to beat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't say that yet. Geno Smith has played well.

      Delete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)