Sunday, October 9, 2022

Eli's Cardboard: 2019 Obsidian Tunnel Vision

It's Sunday, so you know what that means....GAME DAY!!

Today, the Gmen are overseas taking on the Green Bay Packers. Both teams are 3-1 and it's the first time that the UK will see two winning teams facing each other. I am not sure how I feel about this game with the Giants being all banged up with injuries.

Either way, I will be rooting them on from really afar.

Speaking of games in the UK, fun fact, the first touchdown in the overseas games was made by the guy today, Eli Manning.

In that game, he ran for a 10-yard scamper touchdown as the Giants took down the Miami Dolphins that day 13-10.
He must have had great tunnel vision to see the lane to run for that score since he doesn't run for many touchdowns.

 
This latest pickup I have stared at a few times because I liked the design but kept pushing it off. I figured it was finally time to pull the trigger on it.

I have my fingers crossed for the game today, but not expecting a lot. Green Bay is still a good team headed to the playoffs, even though they haven't played great this year. We will see though. Games are played on the field, not on paper.

Good luck Gmen!

As for today's card, let me know in comments your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Are all cards from obsidian that sweet? Wish boxes for it were more affordable. Will just have to go after some singles. Thanks for sharing your newest Eli. Go Giants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool looking insert. I don't say that very often these days. Can't speak for the Giants... but I've watched two of the Packers games and numerous highlight videos... and the Packers are not running on all cylinders. Hopefully Aaron Rodgers figures things out today again the Giants. Go Pack go!

    ReplyDelete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)