Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Let's Talk About Dre

In the 4th round of the 2014 NFL Draft, the NY Giants select Boston College Running Back Andre Williams.

The Giants seemed to had found their guy in Williams later in the draft or at least thought they had. Williams played well his rookie season finishing with 721 yards and 7 touchdowns and I thought his momentum would carry over to his sophomore year....but it didn't. He had 88 carries for 257 yards and one rushing touchdown. The following the year he was cut by the Giants and landed mainly on the Chargers practice squad before getting injured and not playing football again until he played one season in the cancelled 2020 XFL season.

His career didn't last long with the Giants, but my collecting of him did. For some reason or another I hooked right onto Williams his rookie year and have continued to add to my collection ever since. What most collectors would call junk cards I actually consider great.

I recently added some cool, and cheap cards.

The patch on this one had me, the autograph was just a bonus and the /10 part was the bonus of the bonus.

Topps Field Access never gets the credit it deserves. Great photography and a deep autograph checklist.

Breast Cancer Awareness arm band swatch.

2014 Topps Fire, the Inagural year of the product, is still to me the best looking of the group.

/44 Crown Royale autograph.

 
/15 Crown Royale autograph.

I am hoping to chase more of these autos. I really like the silhouette die-cut look and the shine behind the player.

Some solid additions for that PC. I really need to get this collection up on TCDB so I know where I stand and what I need.

Thoughts on my latest additions welcomed in comments!

2 comments:

  1. With Brandon Jacobs retiring in 2013, we all thought Williams would be his replacement. But with his 3.3 yards per carry his rookie year, we should have known better. I have a small stash of Williams cards. Got to pull them out. Maybe you will need some.

    ReplyDelete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)