Sunday, September 11, 2022

Rodney's Cardboard:1992 Wild Card 5-Stripe

It's NFL Kickoff Sunday and what a better way to celebrate such an even than with my latest Rodney Hampton add. There haven't been a lot of them incoming, but a few here and there.

This one comes thanks to my buddy @ShaneSalmonson from Cheap Wax Wednesday fame.

I never know the odds on these as the early 90's didn't have odds, but I know the higher the stripe, the more rare.
This one is just a base stripe with 5. Surprisingly I hadn't seen one pop up yet until Shane did. The only difference in these between the base is the literal black line at the corner of the card with the number of stripe it is.

 
Back of the card. I miss the days when we had photography and actual stats on the back of cards.

I am just glad to have another one of these done. This is my toughest chase left for Rodney other than 1/1's.

Thoughts on my latest Rodney Hampton and if you ever pulled or chased these welcomed in comments.

2 comments:

  1. Although Wild Card didn't last too long, I do think the idea for stripes and redeeming those stripes was creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember buying lots of dollar packs from a basketball wildcard set that featured players in college uniforms. I went all out on trying to get the Larry Johnson and Chris Mullin ones [go Red Storm!].

    ReplyDelete

Giants fan or not, leave your thoughts below (unless you like the Cowboys....jk....or am I?)